Gnocchi w/ Sausage & Roasted Vegetables

Happy almost fall!


I know this change in seasons comes as a disappointment to all you sun babies out there.  But autumn is my favourite season by a landslide.  After all, it's the season that gives us Thanksgiving.  Enough said.  Cooler temperatures, tall boots, and warm comfort food.  Eeek.  I can hardly contain my excitement.  You should really see the grin on my face, it's reminiscent of the Cheshire Cat (except my teeth don't glow in the dark)

Anyways...as an ode to my favourite season.  It's gnocchi time.  Potato dumplings will soon become a regular on the menu, because well, I love them.  Not that I owe an explanation, but I'm throwing that out there!  LOVE them!  So tonight's dinner not only encompasses these fluffy pillows of carb-heaven, but with it, comes roasted vegetables and sausage.  Some of my favourite foods, 1 bowl, hanging out, ready to be scarfed down.  I'm beginning to think I spoil myself, but then again, I deserve it.   


Gnocchi w/ Sausage & Roasted Vegetables

Ingredients:
500g gnocchi, cooked (homemade or store bought)
1 chicken sausage (spolumbos sun-dried tomato)
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2" rounds
1 sweet pointed red pepper, halved and seeded
3 cloves garlic
5 Tbsp olive oil,  divided
2 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, shaved

Method:
Preheat oven to 400F.  Line baking sheet with aluminium foil, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Place cut vegetables on prepared baking sheets, except for garlic.  Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet.  Top vegetables with 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.  Toss to coat.  Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.  Turning once halfway.  Remove from heat.  Allow to sit.
Meanwhile, preheat BBQ or indoor grill, cook sausages over low-medium heat until desired internal temperature is reached, approximately 15 minutes.  Turning occasionally.  Allow to sit for a couple minutes before slicing into bit sized rounds.

Remove vegetables from oven, chop zucchini and peppers into bit sized pieces.  Unwrap roasted garlic. 
In small bowl mash roasted garlic with back of a fork until its of paste consistency.  Add remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil, basil, and additional salt and pepper to taste.  Mix well.
In large serving dish combine cooked gnocchi, sausage and vegetables.  Pour olive oil mixture over top, tossing to coat.
Divide among two bowls.  Top with shaved parmesan. 

Comments

Popular Posts