Healthy Veggie Frittata

If ever there was a bigger advocate of having breakfast for dinner than myself, it would be my husband.  In fact, I'm pretty sure the two of us would be more than okay with the idea of having breakfast 3 times a day.  To some people, the sheer thought of breakfast for dinner couldn't be less appealing, my dad for example.  I don't know that in all of my years on this planet, that I have ever seen him eat breakfast at dinner.  Mind you, he isn't a big breakfast @ breakfast guy either, a bowl of cereal and some milk suits him just fine.  Maybe he wasn't a good example.  However, I know those people exist...so for you, pretend this is breakfast.  For me, I know it's dinner and I couldn't be happier.  Oh, it will also be breakfast tomorrow.  Nothing wrong with leftovers.  A nice piece of buttered toast, a coffee and I'm set to take on two toddlers...well, as set as any parent can be, you never know what the day will hold.
Mmmm...Egg-celent dinner!



Healthy Veggie Frittata

Ingredients:
6 extra large eggs, beaten
1 cup asparagus, trimmed into 1-inch lengths diagonally
1/2 cup sweet red peppers, diced
1/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
1 - 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a 9-inch pie plate.  Set aside.
In large skillet over medium heat, cook asparagus in olive oil for approximately 5 minutes, stirring often.  Add in red pepper and cook an additional 3 minutes until softened.  Last, add in onions, garlic and cook for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and set aside.
In large bowl combine eggs, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.  Mix well.  Stir in cooked vegetable mixture and tomatoes. 
Transfer to prepared baking dish.  Bake for 35-40minutes, until golden and set.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Yields: 4-6 servings.

Comments

Popular Posts