Champagne Birthdays & Cibo


Last night friends gathered @ Cibo in honour of a wonderful friends 'champagne birthday.'  If you are unfamiliar with that term, basically it's when you turn the same age as the day you were born on.  I'm no math wizard but I think you can figure out how old the birthday girl is....
My champagne birthday was when I was 14, pretty sure I spent it the lake in BC and toasted it with an ice cream cone, not champagne, but delicious still. 

A champagne birthday (at our age) calls for an extra special event.  Champagne - check.  Private room booked - check.  Drinks on the table - check.  Food for days - double check.

Happy Birthday V!



I'm no stranger to Cibo.  It's one of my favourite restaurants and focus's on family style dining.  Here is a look at some of the food consumption for the night.  It's safe to say I woke up full this morning.  Mmmm, so good!



The Food:


Golden Beets |  hazelnuts, goat cheese, saba
Smoked Salmon |  caperberry, white anchovy, horseradish, pistachio
Bruschetta |  crushed artichoke, tomato, grana padano, basil


 Pear |  gorgonzola + walnuts + honey


Chicken |  artichoke + black olive + patato + green onion + radish



White Chocolate & Goat Cheese Panna Cotta |  fresh strawberry and roasted rhubarb compote, almond florentine


Nutella Calzone |  signature dough, nutella, chokecherry curd, toasted hazelnuts


Is it wrong that I want the pear pizza for breakfast?  No seriously, I do.  Looks like another trip may be in order....

Comments

Popular Posts