Tacos & Tequila @ Anejo.



I'll be honest Anejo Restaurant, located @ #2 2116 - 4th Street SW, has been on my bucket list ever since it opened last year.  Authentic food, a great ambiance, and a tequila menu longer than I am tall, makes this the prime Mexican place in YYC.  The clincher for me however, is that they make guacamole table-side in an traditional lava-rock mortar.  Does it get any fresher?
  
Side note:  I think I may need to invest in my own lava-rock mortar given my avocado obsession. (hint hint J, my birthday is coming up)


A group of us had been planning a dinner out for the last few weeks and I was so excited when Anejo was offered up as the place to go.  Then the floods happened.  Fourth Street and many of it's residents and businesses suffered greatly as a result.  Water damage to loss of power, you name it, it wasn't pretty.  With doors closed to the public, those same businesses put on rubber boots and face masks, ready to assist in the clean up of their community.  That's what we Calgarians do after all, we are a resilient city.
After a week of being without power, Anejo was finally able to open their doors last night and once again serve up some modern Mexican dishes.   #winning, and just in time.

  


We've done an excellent job in the last 10 days assisting our fellow neighbours in bringing Calgary back to normalcy.  Equally important is supporting our local small businesses.  So I urge you to go to Anejo, have brunch, lunch, or dinner, some tequila, and leave with a more than happy belly.


our eats:



guacamole |  avocado, serrano, jalapeno, onion, tomato, lime, sea salt, tortilla chips



tacos | (left to right) crispy cod, adobo pork, black bean
filled with: pickled cabbage, cilantro, red onion, avocado, fresh jalapeño, flour tortillas
salsas |  pico de gallo, salsa verde, salsa picasa



avocado & lime pie


Any takers for round 2?  Call me.  Love JS.




Comments

  1. Hi there, just letting you know that you are in my Featured Food Blog sidebar for July on Carole's Chatter. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Thank you so much for the feature Carole, you've made my weekend. See you at the next Food Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts