Blueberry-Havarti Breakfast Quesadillas

Happy May 1st, or as I like to refer to it, my official 5 day countdown to Cinco de Mayo.  Bring on the unlimited supply of guacamole and margaritas please & thank you.

Going with my urge for a little Mexican, I decided breakfast today was worthy of a quesadilla.  Rather than take the savoury approach with eggs and cheese and avocado (which I'm currently out of, boo) I decided to make a sweet variety.  


Hello Blueberries!  

Normally my go-to cheese pairing with blueberries is Brie, however my fridge only has Havarti at the moment so I'm making a concession, still creamy and perfect for melting.  Sprinkle in a little cinnamon and sugar for good measure and you've got yourself a delicious start to this sunny Wednesday morning.

Happy Breakfast.....




...or perhaps dessert tonight too?





Blueberry-Havarti Breakfast Quesadillas


Ingredients:
1 - 10-inch flour tortilla
creamy Havarti slices (thin)
1/3 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
sprinkle of cinnamon 
confectioners' sugar

optional: maple syrup for serving


Method:
Heat non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.  Spray with non-stick spray.
Place tortilla in pan and arrange cheese slices in single layer over half of tortilla.  Top with blueberries and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to taste.
Fold over, and heat on both sides till golden and crisp, and cheese has melted.  Remove from heat and let set for a couple minutes before cutting into four wedges.  
Dust with extra confectioners' sugar.











Yields: 1 Serving

Comments

Popular Posts