Protein Cakes

Whenever I have pancakes at breakfast, I'm always hungry a couple hours later, like mad-hungry.  I chalk it up to the lack of protein and healthy fats that I usually need to keep me satiated.  


Does this mean I'll give them up?  Absolutely NOT.  I just need to make sure my snack arsenal is full and ready to be attacked at a moments notice.


This morning I think I've solved my own problem.  Cottage Cheese Pancakes.  Full of protein and happily ready to accept a maple syrup bath.  I've tried making cottage cheese pancakes in the past, without luck.  Some had no flour, some had oats, all came out a with a "meh" on the pancake rating scale.  These ones however didn't follow that same course.   Made using my food processor, the batter was smooth and the pancakes came out fluffy and moist.  Winner.

 




Mini Cottage Cheese Pancakes


Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup 2% cottage cheese
2 Tbsp sugar
3 eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla

Method:
Place all ingredients into food processor and whirl till smooth and creamy.
Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.  Spray with cooking spray.
Drop batter by the tablespoonful and spread out.  cook till golden, flip and cook on the other side.

Yields: 25-30 mini pancakes

Comments

Popular Posts