Races & Road Trips: My Sunday in Photos

So something big happened today.

I ran my first race.

Despite clocking countless KMs on my own, I've never ran race, weird I know.  Up until today that is.  And now I'm afraid I've been bitten by the race bug and have already signed up for my next one.  Addicted.

I decided for my first race, I wouldn't focus on time.  Instead I ran 10K side-by-side with my mom.  Did I mention she's 55.  Running beside her made me beyond proud.  She never stopped and had a smile the entire way.  What a way to be introduced into what I hope will be my new hobby.  Of course I can't leave out the other two all-important family members, my dad and sister.  They both ran the half marathon and rocked it.  Of course they did, it was only their 11 & 10 time doing it, respectively.  So proud.  
Why it's taken me this long to get into the racing spirit I'll never know, but trust me I've got plenty of catching up to do, and I plan on making up for lost time.


How do you commemorate your first race?  A road trip to Banff seems appropriate.  Better yet is a lunch date planned with J's best man and his new fiancé who were in town from San Francisco.
Lunch @ The Maple Leaf Grill, followed up by a stop @ The Fudgery = A perfect afternoon.

Disclaimer:  You can't visit Banff and not come back with fudge. It's punishable should you even try.

on route to Banff...

"Rehydrating" after the race....
Pear & Brie Pizza | basil, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, pesto
Reeses Peanut Butter 
| Rockyroad | Cookies 'n Cream


Oh how tomorrow will pale in comparison....but we'll always have today (and leftover fudge, I hope)
My perfect Sunday.


Comments

Popular Posts