Basil Pesto Pasta Salad w/ Grape Tomatoes & Sweet Peppers

During the summer months nothing beats a delicious pasta salad.  Like me, this salad seems to find it's way to all summer barbecues and outdoor celebrations.  With endless flavour combinations, it's safe to assume you'll never get bored, plus, it's pasta, and who doesn't love/adore that starchy wonder.

If I'm picking pasta salad favourites, which I tend to do on occasion, I'd have to say Pesto takes gold.  I love the freshness and simplicity, scratch that, I love everything about it.  Summer lovin'.


Basil Pesto Pasta Salad w/ Grape Tomatoes & Sweet Peppers



Ingredients:

4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
1 sweet red pepper, diced
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 - 2/3 cup prepared pesto (homemade or store bought)
1/3 cup pine nuts
fresh basil for garnish


Method:

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain.
In large mixing bowl add pasta, pesto, peppers, tomatoes, and nuts.  Toss well.  Top with fresh basil.
Serve @ room temperature or chilled.

Serves: 6-8

Comments

Popular Posts