PB & B Ice Cream

The ice cream truck has been making regular trips down our street for the last couple weeks now.  Everytime I hear the 'catchy' music, my mouth begins to water, and out of habit, I reach into my pocket for spare change.  Thankfully, I never seem to have any....this is a good thing.

So in an effort to calm the cravings and keep my money, I decided to make a healthy 'faux' ice cream for dessert tonight.  Three ingredients and incredibly satisfying.  Bananas, peanut butter & icing sugar.  Easy-peasy.



Peanut Butter & Banana "Ice Cream"


Ingredients:
2 large bananas
1/2 Tbsp icing sugar
1 Tbsp peanut butter

Method:
Peel and slice bananas in half crosswise, then lengthwise.  Freeze until firm 2-3 hours.
Place frozen bananas in food processor and whirl till creamy.  Add in icing sugar and peanut butter, whirl until smooth and blended.
Serve immediately as soft serve or re-freeze covered for a couple hours to achieve a harder ice cream.

Yields: 2 servings (or 1 serving....I won't judge)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts