Pecan & White Chocolate Banana Muffins

Oops I did it again...(great, now I have Britney stuck in my head.)
...it's rotten bananas 'the sequel.' 
I'm pretty much hooked on my banana bread, it's honestly one of my favourite things ever.  It's been a while since I've made a batch, and the gloomy weather outside made today seem like the perfect opportunity.  That, and the rotten bananas on my counter that were screaming at me, 'do something with us already!' Okay, okay, point taken.   
Now for a challenge.  Is there anyway to make banana bread better?  Hmm, it's worth a shot.  Let's see, add a few chopped pecans here and a sprinkle of white chocolate there.  Sounds good.  Tastes better.
Oh, banana bread you never seem to let me down, so reliable. 




Banana Muffins w/ Pecans & White Chocolate

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
2 eggs
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup white chocolate, chopped

Method:
Preheat oven to 350.  Line muffin tin with paper liners.  Set aside.
Mix first seven ingredients in large bowl.  Add in pecans and white chocolate.  In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, oil, yogurt and vanilla.  Add in mashed banana.  Mix well.  Fold banana mixture into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. 
Using an ice cream scoop, fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 full.  Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.  Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.

Yields: 12 muffins


Comments

Popular Posts