A Fall Inspired Topping


I'm sure you are not at all surprised that I'm featuring another pumpkin recipe this week. Remember, I warned you.  Big, orange, pumpkins, are currently filling my dreams and stomach.

Saturday mornings mean one thing.  Grocery Shopping!!  Now, I'm sure this is not an ideal way for the rest of the world to spend a weekend morning.  Hibernating under the covers is more appealing to most of you, I'm sure.  However, for me I look forward to it all week.  I get up early, coffee in hand, and all set to tackle the aisles.  J thinks I should put this 'passion' to use and become a personal grocery shopper.  Is it just me, or does it seem like he is always trying to find me a job?  Hmmm, hint not taken.
Anyways, I ended up in the baking aisle (obviously,) looking to stock up on essentials.  When I spotted them.  Cans and cans of 100% pure pumpkin.  So what's a girl to do?  I know, fill her cart with 6 - 29 oz cans worth.  Excessive?  Nah, with Canadian Thanksgiving all set to take place next weekend, I need to be prepared should a last minute pie or cheesecake be required.  Plus, lesson learned from last year.  Five stores visited in total, no stock to be found, frantic search ensued, and a new level of frustration reached (you'd think it was liquid gold it was so hard to come by.)  So, this year my pantry is sufficiently stocked with this canned delight, and I'm ready to have a little a lot of pumpkin butter accompany my oatmeal, toast, oh and pancakes.  

On a side note...
If you know of anyone that is out of pumpkin puree and can't find it in the store. I'd be willing to part with mine, at a ridiculous mark up of course.  (See J, I can make $$ afterall, I've got the market cornered)


 

Pumpkin Butter

adapted from all recipes

Ingredients:
1 29oz can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup apple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

Method:
In saucepan whisk together apple juice, sugar and spices.  Add in pumpkin puree, mix well.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Store in air-tight containers in fridge.

Enjoy!  Awesomeness & Deliciousness in two jars. 

Comments

Popular Posts