A Gingerale & Soda Crackers Weekend w/ A Sugar Cereal Rebound


This weekend was not one of our finest.  All four of us came down with a horrific stomach bug.  I will spare you the details, but our diet included gingerale, soda crackers and toast.  Yum, I know. 
So the minute I got my appetite back, I went straight for the box of cereal in my pantry.  My favourite kind of cereal.  The cereal I buy in bulk from Costco.  Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  Nothing like making up for a bland diet, with sugar coated squares of deliciousness.  After multiple handfuls of yum.  I decided to mix it in with some rice cereal and jazz up the standard rice krispie square.  Awesomeness.  So thankful to have my appetite back in full force and be able to stomach my favourite foods!


By the way, after you taste these squares you may never go back to regular rice krispies.  I'm just saying... 

Cinnamon Toast Krispies


Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg (250g) marshmallows
2 cups rice krispies cereal
3 cups cinnamon toast crunch cereal
multi colored sprinkles ('cause I'm fancy)

Method:
Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.  Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Stir in both cereals until well coated.  Using lightly buttered spatula, press into 8 x 8 buttered pan.  Sprinkle top with multi colored sprinkles
Allow mixture to cool slightly, cut into 9 squares. 


Comments

Popular Posts