Honey-Cinnamon Almond Butter

This week I had a craving for something that I hadn't had in a long time.  Honey roasted almonds.  I've been trying to think of the last time I had this salty sweet snack, and it's been so long that I can't even recall (either that, or this getting older thing, is starting to show signs.)  Needless to say I wanted some, but I didn't have any.  I was also jonesing for a good almond butter and honey sandwich.  Which got me thinking that I should turn this craving into a new nut butter.  Genius! 
The next couple months are going to see their share of nut butter varieties.  I'm gearing up to sell them @ a local Christmas market.  I've got some awesome, and completely indulgent combinations in mind, which of course I plan on sharing (after the market, I don't want to give away all my secrets or potential profits)  
This nut butter is pretty much a merge of my vanilla almond butter and my cinnamon raisin pecan butter.   A little switcharoo of some ingredients here and there, and I just made eating an almond butter and honey sandwich even easier.  Put away that second knife, you now have the taste of both in one convenient jar.  You're welcome!

Honey-Cinnamon Almond Butter

Ingredients:
2 cups whole raw almonds
3 Tbsp honey, divided
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp sunflower oil

Method:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside
Using 1 1/2 Tbsp of honey coat almonds and transfer to prepared sheet.  Bake for 20-25 minutes turning once halfway.
Allow almonds to cool for a few minutes.  Place roasted almonds into a food processor and process for 10-12 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of the bowl as needed.  Once smooth and creamy, add remaining 1 1/2Tbsp of honey, cinnamon and oil.  Process for another 3-5 minutes
Store in air-tight container in refrigerator. 
ENJOY!  Give me a spoon!


Comments

Popular Posts