No Bake Cookies | Vanilla Maple Almond Butter

This week I ended up restocking my nut butter supply.  I ran out prior to Christmas.  All the hustle and bustle of mini vacations and holiday baking, prevented me from finding the time to make a batch.  Now that I have finally settled back into a routine of sorts, I can fill my fridge with a family favourite. Oh how I've missed you nut butter. Guess a double batch is in order.  A make up of sorts.  So, since I've got lots to spare, it's only fitting I use some of it for cookies. Seems about right.   Now, only one question remains.  What lucky cookie is going to be jazzed up with the addition of this delicious spread?   Hmmm...how about no-bake cookies.   I took my regular recipe, subbed out the coconut, and in it's place added vanilla maple almond butter.  One more delicious way to use this butter.   Yummy!


Vanilla Maple Almond Butter No Bake Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup vanilla maple almond butter
3 cups rolled quick oats
1 tsp vanilla

Method:
In medium saucepan, mix together butter, sugar, milk, salt and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Add in vanilla and peanut butter.
Remove sugar mixture from heat and stir in oats. Mix well. Spoon cookies (1 1/2 Tbsp) onto wax/parchment paper. Allow to cool.


Comments

Popular Posts