Chocolate & Cranberries


Ever since I made cranberry sauce for Christmas dinner, I've been on sort of a cranberry fix lately.  I add them to my oatmeal in the mornings, to my smoothies, and now to a delicious scone, complete with chocolate.  Hello!

My last scone recipe was a ways back, so I figured I was well overdue to take a stab at a new one.  Oh happy day!  Enjoy. 

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Scones


Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
6 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 cup frozen cranberries
1/2 cup chocolate chips

sugar & milk for brushing

Method:
Preheat oven to 375.  Line baking sheets with silpat mat or parchment paper.  Set aside.
In large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.  Cut in butter.
In separate bowl combine buttermilk and egg.  Add to dry ingredients.  Stir to combine.  Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 5-10 times.
Pat out to form a circle 1 1/4-inch thick, cut into 8 equal segments.
In small bowl combine a few teaspoons of sugar with a couple drops of milk.
Transfer scones to prepared baking sheets.  Brush top of each scone with milk and sugar mixture.  Bake for 13-15 minutes.
Serve & eat right away.  Mmmm.


Yields: 8
adapted from my Dark Chocolate Orange Scones recipe

Comments

  1. Oh JS - these look amazing! I'm definitely going to try this recipe out.

    KPM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts