Seconds Please.



I'll be honest with you. Ever since I made my double strawberry and goat cheese sandwich I can't stop thinking about it.  Like ridiculously thinking about it.  It consumes my thoughts and fills my dreams.  Which prior to, were filled with movie stars and other various celebrities.  Not the case anymore.  Instead I'm dreaming about fruit and cheese.  What gives?
Given last night was our monthly book club meeting, I took this opportunity to make a version of that sandwich in appetizer form.  Hello, Bruschetta!  Move over tomato, it's time for a sweet substitute (literally).
Fingers crossed this will tame the dreams once and for all.  I want Justin Timberlake and Matt Czuchry back!

 

Strawberry & Goat Cheese Bruschetta

 
Ingredients:
1 baguette
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp strawberry jam
4 oz goat cheese, softened.
1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced thin

olive oil for brushing



Method:
In small bowl, whisk together jam and vinegar. Pour over strawberries and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
Cut baguette on diagonal. Top each slice with a little olive oil and place under broiler till lightly toasted.  Repeat on other side. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Top each piece of bread with goat cheese, strawberries and basil.
Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts