No Bake Cookies


Cookies.
No baking.  
You have my attention.


When I think back to my childhood, one cookie comes to mind.  It was the cookie my sister and I begged for.  Any guesses?  No Bake Cookies.  (Looking back we were too easy on my mom...)

These would bring us in from playing outside at record speeds.  In fact this would still bring my sister over to my house at record speeds.  She is a cookie lover, and this one is in her top 3, if not her favourite.  So it's only fitting that the Christmas Eve party I'm throwing features these delicious two bite wonders.  I guess you could say it's my Christmas gift...
I've altered my mom's recipe a little, but only because I love pecans...


No Bake Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups rolled quick oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 tsp vanilla

Method:

In medium saucepan, mix together butter, sugar, milk, salt and cocoa.  Bring to a boil.  Add in vanilla.
Meanwhile in large bowl.  Stir oats, coconut and pecans.
Remove sugar mixture from heat and stir in oat mixture.  Mix well.  Spoon cookies (1 1/2 Tbsp) onto wax/parchment paper.  Allow to cool.


Comments

Popular Posts