Goat Cheese - Round 2



Due to my overwhelming obsession with goat cheese, I knew that today's lunch needed to incorporate it somehow.  Yesterday's lunch is going to be hard to beat, I mean we're talking roasted vegetables & goat cheese pizza.  Drool.  But, never one to back down from a challenge (even if it's only from myself) I'm going to rock lunch 2 days in a row!
How you ask?  By jazzing up a spinach salad of course!  Goat cheese, Mandarin oranges, cranberries and walnuts are going to take centre stage in this vegetarian delight.   If Christmas was a salad, I'm pretty sure this would be it.  Now go on and enjoy eating your way through your daily quota of fruits and vegetables.  I know, I know, I make life easy for you.  Just remember Christmas is around the corner and I have an adoration for all things sparkly!
Enjoy!

Mandarin & Spinach Salad w/ Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberries and Walnuts


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups spinach, packed
1 mandarin orange, peeled & segmented
2 Tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
1 1/2 Tbsp dried cranberries
1 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp dijon mustard

Method:
In small bowl combine oil, orange juice, honey and mustard. Whisk.  Set aside.
To assemble salad:  combine spinach and oranges.  Toss with dressing (as much as desired.)  Top with cheese, cranberries and nuts.
Enjoy!
Serves 1

***Add a cooked chicken breast marinated and baked in the same dressing and you've now got dinner!

Comments

  1. You have me crazy for goat cheese now. After yesterday's pizza, I've probably thought about it at least three times today. I love this combination of almost-always-on-hand ingredients; I'm going to be whisking and chopping this up ASAP!

    KPM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts