Sweet Potato Oatmeal


As I stood in front of opened fridge doors this morning, I caught myself starring blankly at all the shelves contemplating what to eat for breakfast.  I wasn't in the mood for eggs or pancakes (gasp!  Never thought I'd hear myself say that.)  Then I saw it.  The lone baked sweet potato, leftover from dinner last night.   Initially I was saving this for lunch, but I decided instead, to mash it up and add it to my oatmeal.  I love sweet potatoes & by now, you are well aware of my obsession with oats.  Blendedbaked, in cookies, or as oatmeal, anyway you cut cook them, I'll eat my way through.  So it goes without saying, that these two together created a perma smile.  It's hard not to love breakfast when it tastes this good.  Happy Morning!


Sweet Potato Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quaker quick oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk; plus additional for serving
1/3 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp pecans, chopped
1 Tbsp dried cranberries

Method:
In saucepan, heat almond milk till it reaches a boil.  Add in oats.  Reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes.  Stir in vanilla, brown sugar and mashed sweet potato.  Heat thru.
Remove from heat, pour into bowl.  Top with pecans and dried cranberries.  Add additional milk if desired.  enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts