A Kitchen Date

I'm holding on tight to summer.  With both hands.  I can't believe we are already at the end of August and back to school is officially two weeks away.  I'm going to miss having the little man at home with me all day.  So I was looking forward to spending some quality time together, just the two of us.  L loves baking as much as me so today he was my apprentice in the kitchen.  We made one of our favorite muffins.  Lemon Ricotta!  Yum.  Lemons always remind me of summer,  so this was the perfect muffin recipe this week.
The addition of L in the kitchen usually means flour and sugar scattered about, but I always say a messy cook is a good cook.  He's bound to be a chef, if this saying holds true!


Lemon Ricotta Muffins


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
sugar for sprinkling

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Line muffin tin with 12 liners and set aside.
Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.  Using a mixer, beat sugar, butter and lemon zest in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  Beat in cheese.  Beat in egg and lemon juice.  Add the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
Divide batter among the prepared muffin cups.  Sprinkle with sugar.  Bake until muffins become pale golden, approximately 20 minutes.

ENJOY
LOVE J & L

Comments

Popular Posts