Chilled Blueberry Soup

I can usually be found finishing off supper with a bowl of vanilla yogurt and blueberries.  It's my dessert.   I eat it pretty much everyday (unless we are having a 'real' dessert, in which case it's my snack later in the night.)  Some might call that boring or routine, I prefer delicious.   Although, at the rate I consume blueberries, I'm surprised I haven't turned blue.  Think Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka...

Now I'm not really sure if you could call this a soup or if it's a smoothie?  It's pretty much my 'dessert' pureed.  Awesome.  Either way I eat it in a bowl with a spoon, so to me that means soup. 
This makes a perfect snack, breakfast or dessert.  Refreshing, full of fiber and antioxidants.  Healthy food never tasted so good!  Call me a fan.  


Chilled Blueberry Soup

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh blueberries, chilled
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened


blueberries for garnish

Method:
Using a blender or food processer, puree blueberries.  Add in almond milk and blend further.
Whisk yogurt into pureed fruit mixture.  
Top with additional blueberries.  Serve.


Note: if you have a sieve, feel free to put fruit through it to remove the skins.  i like the skins so i kept them.

Serves 1



Comments

Popular Posts