Green Monster Smoothie

green monster in the am....

and no i'm not referring to myself.  
I actually fancy myself a morning person.  
I love the 'AM.'  
Waking up to the start of a fresh new day seems to energize me naturally.
For those of you non-morning people out there, perhaps, this smoothie will energize you.

You may or may not be aware of something called the Green Monster Movement.  Basically, you blend spinach, fruits, yogurt and nuts to make one powerhouse of a smoothie.  It's an excellent way to get calcium and lots of nutrients from fruits and vegetables into your diet.  All, while sipping on a refreshing, great-tasting smoothie.  Go ahead try it.  Boundless energy awaits you!




Green Monster Smoothie

Ingredients:
2 cups spinach
3/4 cup cantaloupe
1/2 banana
1/4 blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 Tbsp flax meal
ice

Method:
Put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor except for the ice, starting with flax and spinach.  Top with fruit, milk and yogurt and blend for 1 minute.  Add ice, blend further.
Serve & Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I am not a morning person! I am currently forced into waking up early with little kids to care for :) I usually buy organic "green" juice for a jolt - but will try making my own with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is part of that green smoothie movement! I have not brought myself to try one yet, but I know that I should :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts