Whole Wheat Cinnamon Spice Pancakes w/ Pumpkin Butter

Dear October,

Please hang around longer than it feels like September did.  I feel like I'm losing years, the months and seasons are whipping by so fast.  I would appreciate anything you can do.  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
JS

Okay, well it should come as no shock that today's pancake is going to feature the delicious pumpkin butter that I just made.  It's going to be the perfect compliment to the whole wheat cinnamon pancakes that I'm grilling up.  Something about these spices co-mingling, warms me from the inside out.  What an awesome start to a Sunday.  I Love Fall!



Whole Wheat Cinnamon Spice Pancakes w/ Pumpkin Butter

Ingredients: 
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk

pumpkin butter for serving

Method:
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk together milk and eggs.  Add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
Spoon batter in 1/4 cup portions onto lightly oiled griddle or pan.  Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top and underside is golden.  Flip and cook for 1 minute.  Keep pancakes warm in oven while repeating with remaining batter.
Serve warm with pumpkin butter

Yields: 8 pancakes

Comments

Popular Posts