coffee crisp pancakes

How do you like your coffee?
I like my coffee crisp.

Do you remember this commercial?  It's a classic and what I think about everytime I eat a one of these chocolate bars.  Mmmm.


Is it just me, or does Halloween mark the beginning of the 'sweets season?'  Usually, we buy way more candy than we have kids come to the door.  This, in addition to the loot the kids go out and get, results in a freezer full of chocolate until Christmas.  I suppose there are worse things out there...

So, in anticipation of having waaaay more candy, than trick-or-treaters.  I figured I'd use a few chocolate bars for breakfast.  Yes, you read it right.  Chocolate bars @ breakfast.  It's Halloween.  Hmmm, now which delectable chocolate bar will it be?  Coffee Crisp.  That's somewhat breakfast-y right?  Ah, who cares.  These little mini chocolate bars are about to be chopped up and folded into some pancake batter.  This is sure to get me in the Halloween spirit, no pun intended.

Now that my day has begun on a sugar high, it's only right that I end it the same way.  I foresee myself sifting through the kids candy and stockpiling my favourite treats tonight. Leaving the kids with the suckers, gum drops and other assorted non-chocolate (non-fun) goodies.  Being a parent is the best job in the world.



Coffee Crisp Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 mini coffee crisp chocolate bars, roughly chopped

Method:
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla.  Add to dry ingredients until just moistened.  Fold in chocolate bars.
Spoon batter in 1/4 cup portions onto lightly oiled griddle or pan.  Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and underside is golden.  Flip and cook for 1 minute.  Repeat with remaining batter.
Enjoy with syrup!

yields 8 pancakes


Comments

Popular Posts