Pumpkin Granola

Why is it so difficult for the granola jar in my house to stay full?  It seems to disappear in record time with each new batch I make.  I'm beginning to think there are little hands reaching into the jar when I'm not looking.  Either that, or I'm sleep eating the stuff?  Yikes, that's a scary thought.  Fingers crossed it's the first one.

Okay, twist my arm, I'll make another couple of batches.  One for me and one for my sister, I'm a giver.  She loves granola and loves pumpkin.  So, it goes without saying, she is bound to love me even more, with this killer combination.  This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada, so pumpkin granola fits the bill perfectly. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a video camera to set up.  I'm going to find out once and for all what's happening to my granola.


Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

Pumpkin Granola

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups oats
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup flax meal
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Method:
Preheat oven to 250F.  Set aside two cookie sheets.
In large bowl combine first 9 ingredients.  Mix well.
In small bowl mix, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla.  Pour over oat mixture.  Tossing to coat.  Spread mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, till golden brown in color.  Tossing every 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven, and allow mixture to cool.  Add in chocolate chips.
Store in air-tight container.

Comments

  1. just made this and put in mason jars for thanksgiving hostess gifts. of course, i had to taste and it's AMAZING. made a double batch. thanks for posting this. looking forward to trying more of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts