Salted Chocolate Milk & My Favourite TV Show


Happy Wednesday!  Or should I say, Happy Modern Family Day! 
To celebrate we are having chocolate milk and popcorn.  Salty & Sweet.  Now that's one way to get rid of the mid-week blues.  Another, is to watch rerun, upon rerun of MF.  It's safe to say I've seen every episode more than once. Call me addicted.  My favourite characters, Phil and Cam.  Hands down.   Secretly if I could be on any show, I pick this one, okay maybe it's a toss up between MF and 'The New Girl,'  too bad acting was never my strong suit.  I guess I should stick to what I'm good at.  Napping, running, cooking and sleeping (aka, prolonged napping.)
Okay, back to the chocolate milk. 
I've always been smitten with this drink.  But, it wasn't until I saw an episode of MF where Manny was drinking his with a sprinkling of salt, that I got even more excited.  Why didn't I think of that?  Salt naturally enhances the flavour of most foods, but it does wonders for chocolate.  Wonders, I say.  So it makes perfect sense that your 'regular chocolate milk' is bound to get a flavour boost by adding a sprinkling of the white stuff.  Thanks Manny!  Cheers.






Salted Chocolate Almond Milk


Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
6 cups cold unsweetened almond milk
kosher salt

Method:
To make chocolate syrup:  Combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan.  Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.  Allow to cool completely.
Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup into each glass.  Add 1 1/2 cups milk and a generous pinch of salt.  Stir until the syrup and salt dissolve.

Serves 4
slightly adapted from Food Network

Comments

Popular Posts