Broiled Grapefruit & the 1st Day of Spring



Happy 1st Day of Spring!  Are you as excited as me?   I'm ready and eagerly waiting for the moment I can break out my flip flops, cut off shorts, and resume my evening family walks.   Yay!

In addition to the spring equinox, March is also national nutrition month.  In our house we eat healthy, stay active, and allow ourselves to indulge in the odd cookie, cupcake or stack of pancakes.  What can I say we are a family of a bunch of sweet tooth's (I even have the odd cavity to prove this.)  
I always end dinner with something sweet.  Most times I'm satisfied with a little fruit & yogurt, or a piece of dark chocolate.  Tonight's dessert?  Broiled grapefruit.  A little brown sugar and a date with my oven, can you say caramelized goodness?  Mmmm, perfect.  In fact I liked it so much, I think it might make for a good breakfast tomorrow, partnered alongside a little yogurt and granola.  Done.  Enjoy!


 

Caramelized Grapefruit


Ingredients:
1 grapefruit
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Method:
Cut grapefruit in half and loosen segments with knife, making sure not to pierce through the skin.  Sprinkle brown sugar evenly among 2 halves.
Transfer prepared grapefruits to baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes until sugar has melted and fruit is warmed.

Comments

Popular Posts