Peanut Butter Buttercream, Oh My.

It's hard for me to believe my mom turns 55 today.  Although to be fair, it's probably harder for her to believe it.  She now refers to herself as double nickels, but you would never know it by looking at her.  She still runs half marathons, goes out for girls nights, and can keep up with my very energetic kids (something even I find exhausting.)  Here's hoping her good genes find their way to me someday....in the very distant future of course.

Anyone who knows my mom knows full hand that she loves Reese Peanut Butter Cups and the only thing she likes better than a RPBC are frozen RPBCs.  So because it's her birthday and I'm always looking to score brownie cupcake points, I'm making her favourite chocolate bar into a cakey-frosted treat.

Introducing....

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes w/ Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

You're welcome Mom, now go ahead have a second, you've earned it.  Happy Birthday! 
Love you.
JS







Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
4-6 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla 

Method:
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and peanut butter until smooth.  Add in vanilla.  Add in sugar, one cupful at a time, beating well in between.  Once all sugar has been added, add in milk one tablespoon at a time, beating until light & fluffy and desired consistency has been reached.  

Yields: Approximately 3 cups.
adapted from Wilton.com


Comments

  1. Do you have a recipe for the cupcakes?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I actually don't have a recipe for the cupcakes, these ones were from a box mix (gasp I know). I tend to use mixes and focus mostly on homemade frosting creations (my fav)
      That being said, if you find a good one I'd love to know.

      Cheers!
      JS

      Delete
  2. terlainte_1998 Kenny Rodke click
    forxotyre

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts