Breakfast @ The Chuckwagon Cafe

Breakfast this morning started with a nice relaxing country drive.  We decided to leave behind the busy, hectic, urban oasis we call home, and opt to try a restaurant in small town Alberta instead.
So with cowboy boots on, the four of us piled in the car bright & early and headed out to Turner Valley, where we were meeting my in-laws for breakfast @ The Chuckwagon Cafe.

I first heard about this restaurant while watching "You Gotta Eat Here" on the Food Network.  As a self-proclaimed foodie, I enjoy following other foodies and taking cue from dishes and restaurants they like.

Sidenote:  anyone who gets paid to host a show where they just travel and eat, pretty much won the 'profession lottery' in my books.  How come my guidance counsellor never told me about that job.  All I got was banker, accountant, and lawyer.  Clearly he did not have my best interests in mind.  Fail.

Thanks Chuckwagon Cafe, we couldn't have asked for a better start to our Sunday.  Great service & delicious food.  I urge all of you to check this place out, I promise you won't be disappointed.  Also, if you want I'll come with you, I have other menu items that I still need to try, like lunch!






 And now for the stars of the show....THE FOOD.



Huevos Rancheros | soft tortilla, salsa, basted eggs, cheese, tomato & green onion.  served w/ toast & fruit salad


Breakfast Burritos | grilled tortillas stuffed w/ mushrooms, cheese, bacon, sausage, onions & eggs.  salsa & sour cream.  served w/ grilled hash browns


French Toast | grilled.  maple syrup.  served w/ fruit salad


Buttermilk Pancakes | homemade served w/ butter & hot syrup.


Ranchman's Breakfast | eggs, ham, sausage & bacon.  served w/ toast & grilled hashbrowns.


Call me biased but I'm pretty sure mine was the best.  How can you go wrong with Huevos Rancheros?
Mmm...delicious.

Happy Sunday!

LOVE JS


Comments

Popular Posts