A Classic Side

My favourite part of potato salad is the hard boiled eggs.  Is that weird?  I'm sure most people would say potato is the reason they eat this BBQ staple.  Not me.  I love the eggs.  Okay, I love the potato too.  It's all good in my opinion.  However there is a special place reserved in my heart for hard boiled eggs, it's located right beside my love for pie and avocados.  
Looks like I'm having eggs for breakfast tomorrow.  Happy Monday to me!  Until then at least I have this yummy protein packed side dish to keep me full.  
Bring on the BBQ!









Classic Potato Salad



Ingredients:

3lbs baby red & yellow potatoes, cooked, cooled & halved
4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup sweet pickles, diced
1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup fat free Miracle Whip
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste


Method:

In large serving bowl combine first five ingredients.  Set aside.
In small bowl mix yogurt, Miracle Whip, mustard, pickles, and salt & pepper.  Toss with the potato mixture using as much or as little as desired.


Serves: 6-8




Comments

Popular Posts