Sweet, Sweet Avocados | Avocado Mousse

With Cinco de Mayo six short days away, I decided to continue my early celebrations with my Costco sized bag of avocados.  I've usually always thought of avocados as something to serve on the more savoury side.  With one exception, my go-to favourite of most favouritest smoothies, avocado-strawberry.  Sweet and creamy it makes my mornings happy.  Very, very happy.
Smoothies aside.  I was looking for another way to make this fruit into something sweet, creamy, and oh so delicious.  So when I stumbled upon a recipe incorporating avocados into chocolate mousse, I was instantly excited.  I knew from the get go, this had success/winner/yummy, written all over it.  And it didn't disappoint.  A healthy alternative to the original, and in my opinion better than the original.  My chocolate cravings were calmed, at least for the short term.
An evening spent on the couch, mousse and wine in hand, oh and the season finale of The Good Wife.  Happy Sunday!


Chocolate Avocado Mousse

Ingredients:
2 large avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

In bowl of food processor add prepared avocado, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla extract.  Process for 1 to 2 minutes. Scraping sides of the bowl as necessary.  Continue to process until smooth and creamy approximately 2 minutes longer.
Spoon mixture into 3-4 small ramekins and cover with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  Serve and enjoy!
Top with fresh berries, nuts, or even coconut.  Endless options await.

serves 3-4
adapted from: If It Makes You Healthy Cookbook by Sheryl Crow

Comments

Popular Posts