Broiled Peaches & Ice Cream

I seem to have jumped on the broiling fruit bandwagon as of late.  Grapefruit was first, and now I'm on to peaches. 
I have to be honest with you.  I adore peaches, but I get freaked out by the skin.  I can eat the skin, I just can't touch the skin.  Is that weird?  Maybe.  But why does it have to be so fuzzy?  In a perfect world peaches would be more like nectarines on the outside.  You think that by 2012, they could genetically alter the fruit to be smooth and not fuzzy.  Hmmm, science experiment anyone?  In the meantime, I've appointed my trusty sidekick/hubby J to pick the fruit for me.  My hero!



Broiled Peaches & Ice Cream

Ingredients:
4 peaches, halved and pitted
4 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
butter

ice cream for serving



Method:
Preheat boiler.
Using either peeled or skins-on (depending on your freaked out factor,) place prepared peaches cut side up on baking sheet. 
In small bowl mix together cinnamon and sugar.  Divide mixture evenly among peaches.  Top with a pad of butter.
Transfer to oven and broil for 4-5 minutes until fruit is warmed and sugar is caramelized (watching closely to avoid burning.)
Serve warm with ice cream.


Mmm...hello spring!

Comments

Popular Posts