Balsamic Roasted Asparagus with Toasted Almonds

I have a giant bottle of balsamic vinegar in my house at the moment.  A giant bottle.
I also have too much asparagus.  So much, that upon finishing it, I'm likely to turn a nice shade of green.  I love Costco for this reason. 
At least I don't fall short on different ways to prepare this vegetable.  In fact I have 4 ways that we eat the stuff regularly.  All of them delicious, stay tuned for the remaining 3.  Trust me, it'll make eating vegetables fun (if you don't already think it is.  I live for vegetables, crazy I know.)


 

Balsamic Roasted Asparagus w/ Toasted Almonds

Ingredients:
2 lbs. asparagus
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted

Method:
Preheat oven to 400.
Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point, discard ends. 
In small bowl whisk together oil and vinegar.   Coat prepared asparagus in olive oil mixture and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until tender crisp.
While asparagus is baking, place almonds in a dry skillet and roast over medium-low heat until fragrant and golden. Careful not to let them burn. 
Remove asparagus from oven, place in dish and top with shaved parmesan and toasted almonds.  Serve.
Yield: 4 servings
ENJOY! 

Comments

Popular Posts