Pear + Blue Cheese + Honey + Walnuts = Flatbread Glory

My recent obsession of blue cheese on pizza has led me to order it at 4 restaurants as of late.  I'm starting to maybe see a problem...or not.  



And because today I couldn't go out for a pizza, I made one instead.  There's no escaping it I guess, plain and simple we are meant to be together.







Pear & Blue Cheese Flatbread


Ingredients:
2 pieces naan bread
1 pear, thinly sliced
1/2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
honey to taste

Method:
Preheat oven to 375F.
In non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter.  Add in pear slices and brown sugar.  Cook, stirring often for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
Divide cooked pears evenly between both pieces of naan bread.  Top with blue cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes on baking sheet.
Remove from oven sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle honey to taste.  Using pizza cutter slice into 4 and enjoy.

Serves: 2

Comments

  1. Well, this looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing this. Saw it on Food on Friday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts