Cookbook Review: The Leafy Greens Cookbook

Healthy eating is at the forefront of our household with leafy greens leading the crusade.  A nutritional powerhouse, they're packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and essential in my daily life.
So when I was approached about a cookbook the was dedicated entirely to greens, I was immediately on board.  The Leafy Greens Cookbook by Kathryn Anible showcases creative ways to get your daily dose of greens, from kale, collards, bok choy, chard, etc.  


Enjoy Pomegranate-Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pecans, Arugula and Tomato Pizza, and Chicken-Kale Enchiladas to name a few.  Wowza, if I didn't already love my leafy greens, these recipes would more than convert me.
The recipe that I knew I had to try was the Endive Bites with Blue Cheese, Pecans & Berries.  I adore all of the ingredients separately, so I knew combining them all in one delicious mouthful was going to be more than successful.  And it was.  Even my 3 and 5 year old couldn't get enough (mind you they love all things food, it runs in the family.)  The drizzle of honey as the finishing touch was the perfect amount of sweetness needed to balance the flavour of the blue cheese.  Absolutely perfect!  Now go eat some greens.



Endive Bites with Blue Cheese, Pecans & Berries


Ingredients:
2 heads Belgian endive
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup strawberries, diced
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup honey

Method:
Trim the bottoms of the endive heads, and separate the leaves, removing any inner leaves which may be too small.
Mix together the blue cheese and pecans in a food processor, pulsing only until just combined.
In a medium bowl, carefully fold the pecan and cheese mixture with the strawberries and blueberries.  Evenly divide the mixture onto the endive leaves and drizzle with honey.

Serves 6

Comments

Popular Posts