Hummus Weekend. Part 2: Sun-Dried Tomato



Yesterday the hubby and I had a wine and hummus date.


Today = repeat.

Creatures of habit?  Perhaps.  But in our defence it's the weekend, aka, time to relax and indulge.  Today I traded in my basic hummus recipe for a sun-dried tomato version.  It's no secret sun-dried tomatoes are one of my favourite things.  The Costco-sized bag in my pantry is proof of this fact.  I actually eat them straight from the bag, super moist, and healthy.  Win-win.



Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus


Ingredients:
2 cups chickpeas, drained
1 clove garlic, grated
1/4 cup tahini
juice from 1 lemon
1/4 (heaping) cup sun-dried tomatoes (rehydrated or oil-packed)
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 Tbsp water

pita or naan bread & vegetables for serving

Method:
Combine all ingredients in food processor, whirl till smooth.  (note: you may need to add a little more oil or water till desired consistency is reached)  Transfer dip to serving bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil.
Serve alongside pita or naan bread and vegetables.
Optional - drizzle pita or naan with olive oil and warm in oven before serving with hummus (do it!)

Comments

Popular Posts