B.L.A.T.



This weekend J went to the grocery store with the kids solo, giving me an hour of much needed drinking-coffee-by-myself-time.  #besthusbandever

Armed with my trusty list in hand; which he used as more of a suggestion/guideline, since apparently I left off anything 'fun,' he managed to come home with more than a few "extras."  And I thought I was the only one who got tempted at the grocery store.  Not the case, impulse buys here we come.  

Mine = magazines + junior caramels + fruit loops
Husband = bacon + beer + nachos

Okay maybe bacon isn't exactly an impulse buy, but it is something that we don't often purchase, so when we do, we use it right away.  Who saves bacon?  Those people can't be trusted.





When I think bacon, I think BLTs.  Which leads me to think of avocados because everything tastes better with avocado.  So now I'm thinking of BLATs and of maybe letting J handle the grocery shopping from here out.  Provided next time he picks up some magazines...and caramels.







Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, & Tomato Sandwiches


Ingredients:
8 slices Texas Toast, lightly toasted
8 strips bacon, cooked
2 tomatoes, sliced
4 leaves Romaine lettuce
1 avocado, sliced
8 Tbsp mayonnaise

salt & pepper to taste


Method:
Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto each of the pieces of toasted bread.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Next, layer on the lettuce, bacon, tomato and avocado, on top four of the bread slices.  Top each with remaining slice of bread.



Yields: 4 sandwiches

Comments

Popular Posts