Getting Crafty: Easter Style

It's official, Easter dinner is only a week away.
I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to glazed ham, scalloped potatoes and all the fixin's that accompany holiday dinners.  Enter my belly now please. Aside from the food, wine, and a visit with my favourite people (and the Easter Bunny), the next important thing would be the decor.  This year my mom and I decided to get a head start and make name tags and centrepieces early.  Call us eager.

Easter 2013 = tree branches with dyed eggs for centrepieces, and paint chip place settings.  Crafty right?  I'll be sure to share the finished table settings with you once the big day comes; in the meantime here are some sneak peaks.


Paint Chip Place Settings

Supplies:
  • Paint Chips
  • Scissors
  • Sharpie Markers




Dyed Egg & Branch Centrepieces

Supplies:
  • Glass Vase
  • Eggs (blown out)
  • Food Colouring
  • String
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Branches
  • Moss

How To:
After eggs have been blown out, dye them in desired colour, or opt to leave white.  Once dry, use hot glue gun to attached string.  Set aside.
In tall vase, place moss at bottom and insert branches.  Tie eggs with string at varying lengths to branches to create desired look.  




Hipity-Hopity Easter's on it's way....

xoxo,
JS


BONUS:  I've since made one more Easter craft to share with you:  


Comments

Popular Posts