Wild Blueberry Sauce w/ Maple Syrup & Vanilla


Dear Frozen Bag of Blueberries currently residing in my freezer,

I have plans for you, grand plans.  You are about to swim in a warm bath of maple syrup and vanilla.   Thicken up, and become the topping to my beloved morning oatmeal.  Oh, and then because I love you so, you are also about to end my day on a giant bowl of vanilla ice cream.  Are you game?  Doesn't matter, I am, therefore you're in!  

Thanks for being delicious.

Love,
JS


From morning to night, these blueberries made my entire day.   Best part?  I get to do it all over again tomorrow.  Mmmm


Wild Blueberry Sauce w/ Maple Syrup & Vanilla


Ingredients:
1 cup frozen wild blueberries
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp water

1 1/4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp vanilla

Method:

In small saucepan, combine syrup, water and cornstarch.  Stir.  Add in blueberries and bring to boil over medium heat.  Boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Serve warm or cold with oatmeal or ice cream.  Or option #3 both.  Same time, same bowl.  Hot oats, cold ice cream and warm sauce.  I'm in heaven!  Looks like I've figured out breakfast tomorrow.






Comments

Popular Posts