Baked Eggs & Avocado

This is my perfect breakfast.

Today is the start of soccer season for the little people in our house.  Saturday's have now become infinitely busier than usual as mr handsome and I each go our separate ways with a kid in tow.  Conflicting time slots, and field locations means there is going to be a lot of running around.
Running around = a hearty breakfast and coffee.  Time to fuel up.


After returning home from my Friday night Costco date, I had an enormous bag of avocados that I purchased because:

A) I love avocados &
B) Cinco de Mayo is next Saturday (it's never to early to start celebrating)
 
So this morning after an early morning run, I grabbed one of these green gems, cracked an egg, and baked until warm and bubbly.  Delicious Saturday.


Baked Eggs & Avocado

Ingredients:
1 avocado
2 eggs
salt & pepper

Method:
Preheat oven to 425F.
Cut avocado in half lengthwise and remove pit.  Using a spoon make the holes a little larger to fit egg.
Crack an egg into hole, place on baking sheet* and cook for 15 minutes or until eggs are at preferred doneness.  
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Serve with toast.

note:  to prevent the avocado from moving on the baking sheet, slice a little off the bottom of each half.

Comments

  1. I am definitely going to try this one! I love avocado as well and am looking for new ways to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge avocado lover, so this breakfast was right up my alley. I hope you enjoy it just as much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts