Saturday, 28 April 2012

A Perfect Saturday Breakfast

images courtesy: everythingeggs.ca
& themagazine.ca
Today is the start of soccer season for the little people in our house.  Saturday's have now become infinitely busier than usual, as the hubby and I each go separate ways with a kid in tow.  Conflicting time slots and field locations means there is going to be a lot of running around.
Running around = a hearty breakfast and coffee.  "Fuel up" I say!

After returning home from my Friday night Costco date, I had an enormous bag of avocados that I purchased because:

A) I love avocados &
B) Cinco de Mayo is next Saturday (it's never to early to start celebrating)
 
So this morning after an early morning run, I grabbed one of these green gems, cracked an egg, and baked until warm and bubbly.  Delicious Saturday.


Baked Eggs & Avocado


Ingredients:
1 avocado
2 eggs
salt & pepper

Method:
Preheat oven to 425F.
Cut avocado in half lengthwise and remove pit.  Using a spoon make the holes a little larger to fit egg.
Crack an egg into hole, place on baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are at preferred doneness.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
(note: in order to avoid having the avocado roll around on the baking sheet, I sliced a little off the bottom.)
(note#2: to speed up cooking time, cover with foil)
Serve with toast.



2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try this one! I love avocado as well and am looking for new ways to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge avocado lover, so this breakfast was right up my alley. I hope you enjoy it just as much!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...