A Giant Cookie for My 1st Blogiversary


Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?



In blog posts, in recipes, in dishes, in cups of flour....

(Oh how I love you Rent!  Except now I can't get this catchy Broadway tune out of my head.  Meh.)



Break out the bubbly and raise a glass, because today I'm celebrating my 1 year blogiversary.  It's hard to believe 365 days ago I sat down to write my first post here @ Edible Life in YYC.  I'll be honest, I waivered a little in the beginning.  "Was 'blogging' really something that I wanted to do?" 
For those of you that know me, you know that when I start something I need to see it through.  It's one of my flaws.  Along with stubbornness, wanting to be right all the time, and leaving my clothes on the bathroom floor.  But failure, or giving up is simply not in my DNA.  Looking back now, it was a great decision to start this little blog.  It has allowed me to find a true passion for cooking.  I now eat, dream, think ,and sleep, all things food.  When I go to sleep at night, I count by cups or tablespoons, not sheep.  Whether I'm creating a new recipe, or revamping a favourite, I try and cater each one to the special people in my life.   More importantly though, is the story behind each post.  Why I did it, who it was for, or how it came about.  It's my very own foodie diary.  Only difference is this diary is out there for the world to read, unlike the one my 12 year old self, had stashed in between mattresses, and kept under lock and key. 

Cheers to year #2.  I'm looking forward to more adventures, the ability to learn, grow, and continue to challenge myself.   I hope you've enjoyed this past year as much as I have.  Thanks for all the comments, feedback and continued support, it makes it all the more worth while.

With tremendous love & respect,
JS


PS.  Another perk of celebrating a blogiversary (aside from the giant cookie pictured above.)  The gifts of course. My ever-so-sweet husband marked the occasion with a present to celebrate. I in turn made this giant cookie and shared a slice.  I guess you could say we know how to make each other happy.  Presents for me.  Food for him.

Giant M&M Cookie


Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted & cooled
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
plain M&Ms for garnish

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the egg and vanilla and mix. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and press the cookie into a 9-inch circle, about 1/4 to 3/8-inch thick.
Top cookie with M&M’s. Bake for 13-16 minutes until the cookie is lightly golden brown. Let the cookie cool completely on the baking pan.  Once cool, gently use the paper to lift the cookie off the pan.


recipe courtesy Mels Kitchen Cafe

Comments

Popular Posts