Brownies & A Chocolate Bar


Last night we celebrated my momma's b-day.   A night of sushi take-out, a sweet dessert and movie snacks made it a perfect night.
Since my mom was the birthday girl, I made a special treat that I knew would appeal especially to her.  Reese Peanut Butter Cup stuffed brownies.  I can feel my pants getting tighter just thinking about these...
There is no question that my mom's favourite chocolate bar is the pb cup, and really can you blame her? They are best frozen, which also means there is no safe place to hide them.  Oh the delimma.  I knew I wanted to incorporate the pb cup into her birthday treat, so I decided to pair it up with my favourite brownie recipe and call it a day.
These were delicious.  HBD Mom!  Love ya!!

PB Cup Stuffed Brownies


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
12 reese peanut butter cups (4 chocolate bars)

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
In large bowl combine melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Beat in cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
Pour a little batter over bottom of pan.  Arrange 12 pb cubs along bottom of pan, cutting to fit.  Top with remaining brownie batter and smooth out.  Bake for 28-33 minutes.  Do not overbake.
Allow to cool in the pan before cutting.  Enjoy!


brownie recipe adapted from allrecipes.com

Comments

Popular Posts