The Best Pizza in Halifax

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I  L-O-V-E  pizza.  Leave it to me to make sure that during my weekend trip to Halifax that I made time to visit the pizza restaurant that was recently named one of the Top 20 New Restaurants in Canada (courtesy The Huffington Post) and 'best pizza' in Halifax (The Chronicle Herald).  Piatto Pizzeria + Enoteca.  Did I mention it was also only a couple blocks from my hotel, I think the pizza gods were shining down on me....



This restaurant didn't disappoint.  In fact it may have just been the best pizza I've ever eaten.  No, seriously.  Pizza should be about 'less is more', focusing on quality ingredients.  Wood-fired, perfect crust, and fresh toppings make me wish that a five hour plane ride didn't separate us.  Looks like I'm going to have to get creative in my own kitchen and attempt an 'eat and repeat'  Stay tuned.




 the eats:



bruschetta | flatbread, herbs, garlic, olive oil, tomato



pollo di pesto |  pesto base, garlic, fresh mozzarella, roasted chicken, cherry tomatoes, evoo, fresh basil, grana padano



stephanie |  soft goat cheese, caramelized pears, crispy proscuitto, grana padano, balsamic reduction



panna cotta

limoncello tart



highlights:

bruschetta
stephanie pizza
limoncello tart

Comments

Popular Posts