Healthy Pineapple Zucchini Muffins

Muffins make me happy.
Muffins that are healthy and taste great, send me over the moon.



You could argue that zucchini should always be used in baking.  Okay, maybe it's just me that wholeheartedly believes that statement.  

Exhibit A: Bread
Exhibit B: Cookies
Exhibit C: Oatmeal
Exhibit D: Muffins

Let's be honest, eating vegetables never tasted so good.
Daily dose happily achieved.

Today I decided to make a new muffin.  A muffin complete with some of my all time favourite things....(although why would I make a muffin with anything else?  That's just silly.)

Pineapple Zucchini Muffins.



I think I just outdid myself.  It would seem that my two favourite little people are also in agreement on this fact.  

I urge you to bake these.  Stop everything, and do it now.  Also please bring me more when you do.  My stock is running dangerously low.  








Pineapple Zucchini Muffins


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
2 eggs
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.  Set aside.
Mix first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.  Add in zucchini, mix.  
In medium bowl, whisk eggs, pineapple, yogurt, and vanilla.  Fold into the dry mixture until just combined.
Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly amoung the 12 prepared muffin cups.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick when inserted in the centre comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out to cool completely on a rack.

Yields 12 muffins
adapted from my zucchini lemon loaf

Comments

Popular Posts