Chocolate Fudge & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

My regularly scheduled sushi date night with my husband has been cancelled.  (Insert sad face here)
He traded in our Monday tradition to go out to dinner and a hockey game with some guys.  Can you believe it?  Rude.  So because I'm sushi-less on this Monday night, I needed to cheer myself up somehow.  Cookies seem like an appropriate solution.  Right? 



I'm not sure who is going to benefit more from this, me or my husband?  Who when he comes home, will find a delicious batch of fresh baked cookies waiting.  Hmmm, maybe I need to rethink this....or not.

After the success of my impossibly easy White Chocolate and Cherry Chip Cookies, I decided to change up the flavours and make a Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Chip concoction.








Fresh baked cookies await. 


But I still want sushi.







Chocolate Fudge & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


Ingredients:
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
splash of vanilla
peanut butter chips


Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat.  Set aside.
In large bowl, combine oil, eggs, cake mix, and vanilla, blend together using a wooden spoon.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, top each cookie with 3-5 peanut butter chips.
Bake for 7-8 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack.


Yields: approximately 2 - 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Adapted from my White Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies

Comments

Popular Posts