Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon-Sugar Chips

What?  It's April?  Can someone please shine some light on how the last three months just vanished?  Anyone? 

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited that we now into the warmer months.  I just feel like it was only yesterday that we were raising a glass to 2013, and yet somehow we are now welcoming Spring.  Where does the time go?
April also means I should probably start my spring cleaning.  I'm less than excited about this.  I want someone to graciously offer to do it for me, but so far people haven't been knocking down my door for the opportunity.   So while I continue to push off any attempt at getting organized and cleaned up, I think instead I'll focus on other things like the return of smoothie season or long morning walks.  Yes, that seems more appropriate.

Cleaning aside, Spring to me is the return of lighter food choices and ample fruits and vegetables.  So with this in mind I decided to bring a delicious fruit salsa to our Easter celebration yesterday.  Perfectly refreshing, colourful, and the leftovers became the topping to this mornings oatmeal.  Success.






Fruit Salsa w/ Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips


Ingredients:
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 gala apples, peeled, cored, and diced
1 lb strawberries, diced
6 ounces blueberries
1 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp strawberry jam
10 large tortillas
butter flavoured cooking spray

cinnamon-sugar mixture
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon


Method:
In a large bowl, mix kiwis, apples, strawberries, blueberries, 1 tablespoon white sugar, and jam.  Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350F
Coat one side of each tortilla with butter flavoured cooking spray.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture, and spray a second time with cooking spray.  Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.  Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.  Repeat with remaining tortilla wedges.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes.  Serve alongside chilled fruit salsa.

Yields: 10-12 servings
adapted from allrecipes.com


Comments

  1. Your fruit salsa is a terrific start to Spring. The combination of fruits blended beautifully, and I would make it any hot summer day. The chips have a great flavour and blend so well with the salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts