Low and Slow. Pulled Pork Sandwiches

We are officially into the holiday season, I'm day 8 into my advent calendar (nevermind that it's only the 2nd) and my social calendar is now packed with holiday functions from here till after New Years, at which point the detox of 2013 will begin.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the festivities, family, friends, holiday cheer, and the delicious eats.

Because December tends to be crazy busy, I make it a point to take as many short cuts as I can when it comes to getting dinner on the table.  So today, I'm hanging up my apron, and instead breaking out a 'must-have' appliance, the Crock Pot.  Slow cooking is the way to go.  Remember the life lesson courtesy of the Tortoise and the Hare, slow and steady wins the race.  This is 100% true when it come to cooking.  Flavours meld and marry producing delicious meals that basically cook themselves.  Who wants to be stuck in the kitchen when you could do more important things like holiday shopping, Christmas party hopping, or afternoon napping.  Either way, the result is a delicious pulled pork sandwich dinner, I've died and gone to hog heaven.

Happy Slow Cooking!

LOVE JS.


 
 



Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients:
2 - 2 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
1 (355ml) can root beer
2 cups BBQ sauce (homemade or store bought)
8 Kaiser buns, split and lightly toasted
prepared coleslaw

Method:
Place pork loin in slow cooker and add in root beer.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until tender and shreds easily.
Remove pork from slow cooker and discard juices.  Shred with a fork, and return to slow cooker.  Add in BBQ sauce, stir to coat.
Serve on kaiser buns and top with coleslaw.

serves 8

slightly adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Comments

Popular Posts