Lucky Charm Squares

they're magically delicious.


With St. Patrick's Day less than a week away, I decided to get in the spirit early this year and make some Lucky Charms squares.
In reality, I'll use any excuse in the book to buy Lucky Charms.  As a child I was deprived this glorious food.  As an adult, I feel guilty about buying this glorious food.  Well, sort of guilty.  Usually by my 3rd bowl, the sugar goes to my head and I feel at ease with the purchase.

The only thing better than one bowl two bowls of this cereal, are these squares.  Period.  Marshmallows within marshmallows?  Don't mind if I do.  Rainbows, pots of gold, four leaf clovers....oh you make me happy!


Now for the other great part of this holiday.  Green Beer!  Is it to early to start celebrating?  Nah.




Lucky Charm Squares


Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
1 pkg (250g) marshmallows
5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
1/2 tsp vanilla

Method:

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.  Add in vanilla and stir.
Stir in cereal until well coated. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into 8 x 8 buttered pan.  
Allow mixture to cool slightly, cut into squares.

Comments

Popular Posts