A Steak Topper


Whenever J and I go out to a steakhouse for dinner, I always stick with my tried and true favourites when it comes to the sauce.  Usually I opt for a béarnaise sauce or a poblano butter.  Both of which I could literally eat with a spoon.  The one sauce that I always glance over is Chimichurri.  Chimichurri?  What the heck is that?  I decided that it was as good as time as ever for me to figure it out.   If it's good enough for most restaurants, then it's bound to be good enough for me.

This sauce became the finishing touch to our tenderloin this past weekend.  Tenderloin needs no help in becoming more delicious, but the freshness from the parsley, garlic and various spices, was a welcome addition.  It looks like there might be a 3rd contender vying to be my sauce of choice during my next 'dining out' experience.



Chimichurri Sauce


Ingredients:
1 cup fresh parsley, firmly packed
4 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar

Method:
Combine all of the above ingredients in food processor.  Blend until almost smooth.
Use as either a marinade, or as a topper to any grilled meat or fish.

Yields: approximately 1 cup
adapted from food and wine

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts