Vanilla Yogurt & Chocolate Chip Pancakes

The return of pancake Sunday & a happy 200th blog post.
Wow!  That caption  says it all.  200 food posts in 10 months.  Looks like I took to this whole blogging thing after all.  And since I'm in a celebratory kind of mood, what better way to start my day then with....you guessed it....Pancakes!
I'm embarrassed to admit too much time has passed since my last 'Pancake Sunday' post.  So today is as fitting as ever to jump back on the maple syrup wagon and begin my day of celebrations properly.  Also, I'm in desperate need of a sugar fix this morning.  I've been single parenting it this weekend since J is on a ski-stag weekend with the boys.  I'm exhausted, it's amazing how much energy it requires playing with a 4 and 2 year old 24 hours a day.  Hook me up with a caffeine drip pronto. 
Today's feature pancake recipe is none other than Vanilla Yogurt Chocolate Chip.  A little protein, a little sugar.  What a perfect balance.  These are bound to give me enough energy until J returns.  At which time I plan on napping.  I can't wait to have you back J, only a couple more hours (not that I'm counting.) I wish I could say that I saved a pancake for you, but...this is me we're talking about.

Happy Sunday!
And Happy 200th Blog Post to me!




Vanilla Yogurt & Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt

1/2 cup + 1 - 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tsp vanilla

1/3 - 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Method:
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Add in chocolate chips.
In separate bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
Spoon batter in 1/4 cup portions onto lightly oiled griddle or pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and underside is golden. Flip and cook for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with syrup.


Yields: approximately 8 pancakes

Comments

Popular Posts